Stage West has the following job listings:
Pay: $10-$12 BoE
Date looking to fill: IMMEDIATELY
Stage West is looking for Overhire Scenic Carpenter/Gen Labor assistant to work alongside the Technical Director.
Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of professional stage techniques and materials. Must be self-motivated, have excellent construction skills and attention to detail, perform safe working practices, and execute tasks efficiently and accurately both individually and as part of a team. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Ideal candidate has a degree in technical theatre and at least 2 years professional experience or equivalent.
Specifically the Carpenter may do any or all of the following:
• in accordance with standard safety procedures, lays-out, assembles and finishes scenic elements.
• weld and use metal working tools
• performs mathematical calculations in the construction of scenic elements
• reads and consults plans and blueprints
• follows through on TD’s and designers requests on scenic elements
• cleans up the scene shop when required
• transports scenery to and from the shop and various theaters
• strike scenic elements at the end of the production run
• other duties as assigned
Position is paid hourly. Schedule will vary based on the needs of the productions.
Qualified candidates should submit resume, and 3 references via email to ryanmcbride.stagewest [at] gmail.com formatted as .pdf or in MS Word, please. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. No phone calls, please. Stage West Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.