It's that time again! All North Central Texas area students are invited to write a short play, narrative or monologue for our Neighborhood Play Contest. Sample themes include: culture, family, social issues, and life struggles or accomplishments. We select as many as 18 plays each year to be staged and performed during the Festival of the Kid in May.
The Festival of the Kid is an opportunity to let kids and teens share their experiences through the use of creative writing and character development. PLUS it is 100% free to enter (thank you Arts Council of Fort Worth!) and aligns completely with TEKS standards. Are you a teacher? Contact us for a sample two-week curriculum for a playwriting unit at your school!
Come be a part of it! Tell us your story...
Do you have a story to tell?
1) Write it like a play! With dialogue and stage directions! 10 -15pages;
Want to be ON the stage?
WHAT DO YOU WRITE ABOUT?
IMPORTANT STUFF TO KNOW
- We love stories based on actual events, but fiction is okay too!
- Stories must have a beginning, middle and end.
- Your name, contact address, phone number and email as well as your teacher’s name, school and contact information must be included on your entry.
- Want to write in Spanish? Muy buena.
- Type it if you can :)
More info? Andrea Gonzales education [at] stagewest.org