Stage West has the following job openings:
Technical Director/ Facilities Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Stage West Theatre, Fort Worth, TX, seeks a full-time, year-round Technical Director/Facilities Manager. The TD will lead the scenery build for each production (approximately seven per year) and oversee the progress and cooperation of all technical departments. This position also assists with the needs of Stage West’s educational department during end of year performances and the Festival of the Kid. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a positive collaborative spirit, effective communication skills, management of a small to medium-sized crew, working within budgetary constraints and delivering on schedule. A variety of scenic, lighting and sound experience is required. Computer aided drafting skills are a plus. Design opportunities available. The position requires a licensed driver who is able to safely lift 50 pounds and manually operate a variety of tools and equipment. Ownership of a truck is a plus but not required. They will assist with organizing rentals (small number per year), and work as facilities manager, overseeing the routine maintenance and upkeep of the physical building. Knowledge of QLAB, Isadora, and Vectorworks, is not required but very helpful. Salary is competitive with half pay-in of individual health and dental insurance plus two weeks of paid vacation per year.
To apply, please send a cover letter & resume to: Dana Schultes, Executive Producer, dana [at] stagewest.org. In the subject line put: TD Search. For additional information visit stagewest.org. Stage West Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged and welcome to apply. No phone calls please.
Technical Director, duties include but are not limited to:
- Works directly with Scenic Designers to interpret scenic designs.
- Oversees construction of scenic elements for each design.
- Coordinates the load in and strike of each production.
- Maintains a comprehensive production schedule.
- Maintains a minimum tool inventory sufficient to construct scenery.
- Manages the inventory of stock scenery, raw material, and supplies.
- Hires all production personnel and coordinates volunteers necessary to produce the scene elements for any given production to include carpenters, scenic artists, welders, or any other pertinent craftsperson necessary for a given production.
- Manages the technical budget for each production.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for all technical aspects of production to include carpentry, scenic art, electrics, sound and projections.
- Oversees all production departments including carpentry, props, electrics, scenic art, sound, and projections.
- Staffs/hires all booth personnel when needed. (Mostly for rentals.)
- Oversees the maintenance of all technical equipment.
- Is available during the production running period in an “on call” basis or provide trained substitute.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the Development Department during fundraising events.
- Interfaces with theatre management on the contractual aspects of house rentals.
- Interface directly with rental clients to ensure all technical needs are met.
- Hire all pertinent technical staff for each rental
- Provides a post rental report to management.
Facilities Management, duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the routine maintenance and upkeep of the physical building.
- Is available to address individual staff requests pertaining to the workspace.
Has the authority to hire subcontractors when the scope of work is beyond normal maintenance.
Stage West, a prominent regional theatre in North Texas, has been a leading figure in performing arts for over four decades. Its mission is to engage audiences with bold and exciting theatre that entertains, inspires and challenges. Stage West is staffed by a positive and fun group of artists excited to have a like-minded, talented individual join their team.