Modern Experience for Modern Theatre. Stage West Theatre is looking for qualified college undergraduate or graduate students of the performing arts & arts education to work in full- or part-time internships.
We customize your internship to include a combination of duties to prepare you for a career in a modern theatre world. A stipend may be offered based upon the type of internship. Housing is not provided. Reliable transportation is required. Stage West Theatre will work with colleges or universities to arrange credited internships. Student must provide paperwork or "pathway" information on how what their respective school needs for this. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply throughout the year.
Areas for internship may include:
Technical Intern: Assist production staff and designers in all areas of production. Duties may include set and prop construction, board operation, light hanging and clerical assistance.
Technical Intern duties:
- Assist the Technical Director with the build, installation, and strike of a set.
- Assist the Master Electrician with hang and focus
- Assist the Scenic Painter
- Assist with general building maintenance
- May be required to operate Light, Sound & Qlab board for a shows run
- May be assigned Set, Lights, Costumes and/or Sound Designer for Festival of The Kids production.
- Work as running crew on a production.
For Consideration: Send resume and cover letter with contact information and three letters of recommendation and/or three references to: dana [at] stagewest.org for shop and design team or tiffany [at] stagewest.org for stage management/crew.
Development: Assist the Development Director with the annual fund campaign and fundraising events, and grant proposal writing. Duties may include research, planning, computer data entry, mailing list maintenance and general office assistance.
For Consideration: Send resume and cover letter with contact information and three letters of recommendation and/or three references to: dana [at] stagewest.org