For teens, ages 13-18 (mature 12 year olds welcome) | The Summer Conservatory is an innovative program offering teenagers a chance to study all aspects of theatre under the mentorship of professional artists.
Students attending Stage West's Summer Conservatory will:
- Audition, rehearse and present a live, fully-produced world premiere of Alice: Some Kind of Wonderland, by Resident Playwright Rob Bosquez, Jr., directed by Justin Flowers
- Engage in the process that Stage West's creative teams use to develop unique, artistically superb theatrical experiences, which typically feature original dialogue, movement-based devised theatre, puppetry, masks, and ensemble work, coupled with full costumes, sets and lights
- Receive 2 professional, edited digital headshots from photographer Evan Michael Woods of Amphibian Stage Productions
- Witness the behind the scenes process of the design, production, and rehearsal elements necessary to produce a show at a professional theatre
- Collaborate in groups to write and create short films that will be shown to their peers.
- Assist designers with the creation of the production's technical elements
- Receive instruction from some of the top industry teaching artists in the Dallas-Fort Worth theatre scene, including:
- Dana Schultes, Stage West Producer
- Garret Storms, Stage West Associate Producer
- Sarah Gay, Music Director
- Amber Marie Flores, Choreographer
- CJ Critt, Vocal Coach
- Jennie Lynn Godfrey, Puppet Designer
- Tonya Wilson-Brown, Short Film Creation
- Douglas Davidson, Acting Coach
$650 | July 11 - 29 | 9 AM - 4 PM | 13-18 YO
Registration is Full. Click the link below to add yourself to the waiting list.
Refund Policies and Important Information
- *Price includes a $20 processing fee
- Refunds available less the $20.00 processing fee prior to start of Conservatory. Pro-rated refund less the $20.00 processing fee through day 2 of Conservatory. No refund after day 2.
- Scholarships are available! Email education [at] stagewest.org for more information